Three O’Clock Press continues the feminist approach of our imprints, Women’s Press Literary and Sumach Press. We promote a diverse literary backlist, reaching new readers by branching out into innovative literary forms such as: outstanding feminist stories for young adults; Canadian music and culture; literary fiction and creative non-fiction; graphic novels; Queer literature; unheard voices and community connections.
We are seeking an intern to assist in marketing, editorial and book-data administration tasks.
The perfect person for this would be:
- able to work and solve problems independently, possibly including working remotely via the internet if required.
- interested in working on a wide variety of publishing-related tasks, only some of which would be super glamorous — we’re talking both traditional/paper and digital marketing (ONIX/bibliodata updates, targeted social media across platforms, collaboration in message-building), editorial and general intern work. But we get our own coffee.
- able to represent the press at events from time to time.
- feminist-identified and committed to anti-oppression/social justice, though does not need to be female-identified.
- at least somewhat internet/social media savvy.
- extra special if possessed of fine research and technological skills 😉
The terms of the internship would include part-time, flexible hours, a $5/hr honorarium, a letter of reference and experience at a small press. To apply, please email a CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: June 1st
Position will begin ASAP.
The right candidate will be able to commit to working with us through the Fall season, until November, 2012.